Monday, July 16, 2012

Home from Convention

I just got home last night from the annual Close to My Heart Convention in Dallas, TX and my head is spinning. I am completely exhausted from all the fun and overwhelmed with all the new product (available August 1st) and creative ideas, including a new Cricut cartridge with 700 images (698 new one and a circle and a square). I'll be posting more on that soon.

But for today, I just wanted to share with you one of the most positive experiences I had at convention. Those of you who know me know that I am a huge Stacy Julian fan. I won't go into all the reasons why I love her right now. Just know that she is one of the most sincere, wise, creative, inspiring people I know and I am happy to have met her and spent time with her on more than one occasion. Stacy was the keynote speaker at convention. She spoke to us about being enough, about creativity, about letting go of the guilt and obligations we impose on ourselves. And she spoke to us about being present in the moment. She shared the following video clip with us and it brought me to tears. So today, in spite of all you may have to do, I hope that you will take a few minutes to watch this video clip and then, take a moment to be still. In her own words from her blog:

My message is that time moves so very fast and most of the time we do too. But, we can choose (with practice) to slow down and to savor simple everyday moments. We can pull out our cameras and take pictures and we can live with these pictures and let them work magical things inside of us. Doing so will make us more grateful, more content, more aware and more happy. There is so much that is overwhelming and challenging in life. Efforts to capture and share your memories should be neither.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment