Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Valentine's is just around the corner...


And I am so not ready. I want to express love and appreciation to those most dear to me. But I am, honestly, a very tired woman this week and not feeling extremely creative.

When I was younger, my mom always had some treat for us. It wasn't big and extravagant but we felt recognized and loved. Even now, she sends Valentine's to each of her children and grandchildren. The last few years, she has sent us copies (or in my case, originals) of my grandmother's Valentines from her childhood. They are fabulous. I'll see if I can't photograph a few to post on Valentine's Day. One year, when I was in high school, she had the zipper on my favorite pair of jeans repaired and I found them on my bed with a bag of Hershey kisses. When you are a short girl, you know that a good pair of jeans is priceless so that Valentine gift was extremely appreciated. But in the meantime, I am stuck for ideas.

What do you do for Valentine's? How do you make your family feel loved? What is your favorite Valentine Memory? I've only got two days left so all ideas are appreciated!

Here's my newest Valentine's decor. I actually put this together back in the fall but brought it out in January. I do love these people. I really do.


No comments:

Post a Comment