Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Home from Convention

I just got home from the Close to My Heart Annual Convention. I LOVE convention. This was my 20th. I have not missed a single one, even when I had heart surgery (who else moves a heart surgery up a month in order to attend convention?). And this year was at Disneyland! What could be better? My favorite company and my favorite place together at the same time!

The trip started out perfectly when we met Goofy while checking into the Disneyland Hotel.


And it just got better from there with an evening in the parks on Tuesday, a fabulous dinner and special seating for Fantasmic on Wednesday, and a fabulous Director's dinner and preferred viewing for World of Color on Thursday. I even participated in a 5K on Saturday morning to benefit Operation Smile. Admittedly, I walked, not ran but it was amazing to get to see California Adventure without people!


  

Of course, the highlights of convention were the new catalog reveal and playing with some of the new products! But, you are going to have to wait until August 1st to see them. Okay, that's just cruel of me. Here's one little sneak peak. You are going to love the new Picture My Life packets. Here is a new one called Chalk It Up. The cards were made into a very simple and fun mini-album.


As always, convention was a wonderful opportunity to hang out with friends that share the same passion that I do. Some of them I see often, others only once or twice a year.


As an almost 20 year veteran of Close to My Heart, I have to say that the friendships have been one of the best perks as a consultant. Have you ever thought about doing what I do? I think you'd love it. If you want to learn more, contact me or check out this link.

Watch my blog for upcoming sneak peeks of the catalog and for workshop announcements. I have lots of fabulous workshop ideas floating in my head that I want to make into reality for this fall. And here's a little Disney inspired artwork for you.





Yes, this paper and the stamps are retired but it may still inspire. Which reminds me, there is a lot of retiring product that you can see on this post so don't miss out while waiting for the new catalog. Just last night I noticed there were a few items already sold out.

Happy Stamping and Scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment