Thursday, July 28, 2011

I was browsing around some of my favorite creative blogs today and I discovered this gem of a video on one of them. This is by Shimelle Laine and she captures so much of how I feel about scrapbooking. So if you have 13 plus minutes, watch this. If you've ever been embarrassed to say you scrapbook, if you've ever struggled with thinking that you have to always create something perfect, if you've felt the need to scrapbook everything or nothing at all, you need to watch this video. One of my favorite parts, which comes between minutes 10 and 13 is when Shimelle says that scrapbookers berate their own hobby and when they do this, they perpetuate the stereotype that scrapbooking is just glue and stickers. There is nothing wrong with having a hobby. We should be proud to be scrapbookers because what we do for fun has the added benefit of telling stories that no one else will tell and helping us see the everyday in a more meaningful way.

So take a few minutes and watch this. I really think you'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment