Saturday, July 6, 2013

Close to My Heart Convention

Those of you who know me know I love Close to My Heart. And those of you who know me also know I love anything Disney. Well, then what could be better than the annual Close to My Heart Convention in Walt Disney World?!

I taught at this year's convention so I had a hectic few weeks of creating. My patient family didn't see much of me for about three weeks. But oh, the glorious new stuff that is coming out! And I got a sneak peek at some of it because of my class. Yep, there is a new catalog that will be effective August 1st and with it a NEW CTMH Artbooking Cricut Cartridge. Uh huh. It's a good one. It's geared towards mini-albums, big albums, cards, photo mats, and other wonderfulness.

And there are beautiful new papers and stamps and accessories! I was assigned the ProPlayer packet. If you have gamers in your family, this paper is for you. But even if you don't, it's pretty darn versatile so you really must try it. All of these samples utilize the new Artbooking Cricut Cartridge.

 


 My fabulous friend, Colette, took the wonderful pictures I used for these. Isn't it good to have fabulous friends?


  

This is my new favorite stamp set. 


Or maybe it's this one?



I haven't even played with many of the others yet so there is still time to establish a favorite.

I have so much more creative goodness to share but I think I will spread it out over a few days and keep you coming back for more. Besides, I just spent several hours cleaning up my craft room after those three weeks of creating and I can't quite bring myself to bury it again just yet.

But lest you forget that I was in Disney World and I do so love Disney, here's a few pics of that fun.



And did I fail to mention I love Harry Potter too? I got to visit him too at Universal Studios Orlando. Broom flying is not for me though as I discovered on the Forbidden Journey ride. But oh, the Butter Beer was yummy (thankfully, I drank this after the Forbidden Journey ride).




You know, next year's Close to My Heart Convention is in Disneyland in Anaheim, CA. Ever thought about being a consultant? If so, let's chat. Some of my best friends have come through my associations with this company. And that is even better than any Disney or Harry Potter ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment