Thursday, November 14, 2013

Simply Inspired Blog Hop--Handcrafted Holidays

I am so excited to be a part of the Simply Inspired Blog Hop. This particular hop is all about Handcrafted Holidays. If you have been moving along the blog hop chain, you should have just arrived from Diana Veenendaal's blog. If you got lost along the way or just want to go back to the beginning and start from there, click here for a complete list of bloggers in this hop.

I am a big fan of vintage items. I am also a big fan of Christmas. Combine the two and I am one happy girl. Browsing on Pinterest recently, I was inspired by various samples of Putz Christmas Villages. I found a pattern and decided that I had to make one. Utilizing the Sparkle and Shine paper and the Sparkle and Shine Complements Dimensional Elements, I went to work.


I am so in love with this project. It's like a tiny little North Pole house. The base is 4x6" and the house only stands 6" high at the highest peak. You could get two houses out of one 12x12" sheet of paper.
                             

Can't you just picture a little elf stepping out of that door? The Noel flag is from the Sparkle and Shine Assortment and was a last minute addition. For a frosted window pane look, I used glitter paper.



I random stamped the base with the Single Snowflake in Whisper ink.  And I added some prisma glitter to give it some North Pole sparkle. There was a little incident when I was adding prisma glitter. Needless to say, I was pretty sparkly last night and so was my craft room.


I hope I've inspired you. I know I am definitely in the holiday spirit. Now, hop on over to Pamela O'Connor's blog to check out what she has created.

11 comments:

  1. Wow! Such a creative 3D project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, Blythe! Great job! And i love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This should win some sort of an award it is the best of the best! LOVE THIS and thanks for sharing the pattern - me thinks there is one of these in my future! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely DARLING! Love all the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AMAZING project!! Wow- the details you've added to this piece is incredible!! Thanks for sharing this beautiful piece of artwork with us!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! The houndstooth roof is perfect! What a great 3D piece! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word! If that is not the cutest thing I have ever seen!!! I love it Blythe!!! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such an adorable idea! Makes me want something sweet right now!

    ReplyDelete