Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Simply Inspired Blog Hop--Exclusive Hostess Stamp Sets



It's time for another blog hop! You should have arrived here from my wonderful friend, Diana Veenendaal's blog. If you get lost along the way, just jump here to get back on track. 

This month our focus is on the exclusive hostess stamp sets. These stamp sets are featured on pages 5-10 of the Annual Inspirations Idea Book and pages 4-5 of the Seasonal Expressions (a link to the books is here). But these stamps are only available to hostesses so if you love one, contact me to host a party or a catalog party soon!

I chose to spotlight A Thing Well Done from page 4 of the Seasonal Expressions. This stamp set is only available until March 31st so I wanted to make sure you got a chance to check it out before your chance to get it is gone. 

I chose to do two very different projects. One very simple, one a little messy. Let's start with simple, shall we?


There is something so elegant about black and white. And there is something equally pleasing about creating something that takes very little time at all. It is a sense of instant creative gratification.


A little stamping, a little sponging, a bit of 3D foam to pop the saying and it is done. 

But to contrast the simplicity, I had to create something else. So, here came the messy. 


Out came the gel medium, a little black paint, some washi and my fingers. I had smeared an image when I didn't let the gel medium dry completely so a little black paint strategically smeared solved that problem.


One thing I have learned when getting messy is that you cannot hesitate. It is all about "going confidently" and just getting messy.

So there you have it, something simple, something messy. And now on to be inspired by the talented Lisa Stenz's blog. Happy Hopping!

7 comments:

  1. Great use of this stamp set!!! Adding this to my file for this stamp set :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool and on trend Blythe! Love the use of washi tape and sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific use of Washi Tape and accessories with your stamping. Terrific quotes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Serious steam punk funk! LOVE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agree on the Black & White but I just LOVE the messy one!!!

    ReplyDelete