Sunday, April 21, 2013

Catalog Inspiration

I got home this morning from hosting my first ever overnight scrapbook retreat. I've been to a few, and I've hosted some day time only retreats but this was my first foray into the overnighter. It was a blast. And I will be doing it again in October. However, I'm not blogging about that today. I'm still tired and need a little time to get my photos together and process the experience to do it justice. So in the meantime, I thought I'd share a little scrapping happiness with you.

One of the things I have learned from the creative experience is that we all need a little inspiration from time to time. And sometimes, when we are really in a creative rut, blatant scraplifting is called for. After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery (Did you know this saying is credited to someone named Charles Caleb Colton?  There's your trivia item for the day). However, I believe that credit should always be given where credit is due so I am going to give full credit for the following scraplifted page to Close to My Heart's Art Team. I copied it right from page 85 of the Spring/Summer 2013 catalog.



I made a few minor alterations but I thought it worked perfect for this photo of one of our trips to Russia while adopting Kristina. This was the first time Dean had met her and he fell in love with her at first sight. So of course, I asked him to journal the page for me. Don't hesitate to ask others to journal. It's a great way to get another perspective. And besides, although Dean said he wasn't a great writer, what he wrote was perfect.


So here's your challenge for the day. Find a scrapbook page or layout, card or something else that inspires you and go make one of your own. Have fun!

P.S. Mark your calendar for October 24-26th for my next overnight scrapbook retreat. You can register  here. It's going to be so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment