Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spring Surprises


I love this time of year. The sun is shining more, my daffodils are up and the stores are full of colorful shoes and clothing!

This past Easter weekend was full of sunshine and color. I had family in town, we went shopping (and yes, I have some cute new pink shoes to welcome spring in), my daughter did well at her color guard competition. My husband and my father did a major overhaul on my yard and it is starting to look alive and well (thank you so much to my dad who pruned trees and shrubs and rose bushes for an entire day). But one of the highlights of my weekend was coming home to find this on my kitchen table.
My lovely friend, Dora Glazier, made me these beautiful spring blocks.
Look at the fun detail on these letters. I love the little gardening fork.

And look at the cute card that came with it.

I love having creative friends that love me! I need to pay this loveliness forward. When was the last time you made something fun for someone just because? Maybe you should do that this week. I know from experience that it will make their day!

No comments:

Post a Comment