Sunday, August 14, 2011

A "Wicked" Rose

Yesterday was my Close to My Heart open house. For the make and take, we made a card featuring the Stamp of the Month set, Wicked. We started out using the new Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge, exclusive to Close to My Heart. From Sunset cardstock, I cut one of these:

 In the "olden" days, I had to cut a spiral from a piece of cardstock to create a rose. No more!

 I then stamped the honeycomb pattern from the Wicked Stamp of the Month set in black ink on the flower.

Spiral the rose from the outside to the center. Add a glue dot and adhere the inside circle to the bottom of the flower. (OK, a hand model I am not).


I gently rolled the petals of the rose back to flatten it out a bit and there you go!

 Here is the final result. I think it turned out rather well if I do say so myself.

And don't forget that this month, if you buy $50 in Close to My Heart product, you can purchase the Wicked Stamp of the Month set for just $5.00. As an added bonus, you get A Typeface for free. Spend an additional $25.00 for a total of $80.00 and get the National Stamping Month Set, Pair a Phrase, (the equivalent of two D size sets) free! You can get Pair a Phrase free with a $75.00 purchase through the month of September but why not get the stamp of the month and the A Typeface stamping set at the same time during August?

Happy Stamping and Scrapping all!

No comments:

Post a Comment