Saturday, January 24, 2015

Inspired by Pinterest: A Valentine Tree

 I needed a fast and easy Valentine's craft for my stamp club on Friday. I admit, I procrastinated a bit--lots of excuses but no need to go into those now. So where do I go when I need inspiration at short notice? Thank heaven for Pinterest. What did we do before we had it? Anyway, I found this darling idea (check out the money tree link--brilliant!) and I made a Close to My Heart version.


Isn't this cute? And fast and easy and something you could do with paper scraps! The bottom piece is 3x6, the next 4x5 1/2, then each piece after that is either 3" or 4" tall, getting a 1/4 inch smaller (yes, I know the first one is a half inch smaller--you don't have to do that, It's just what I had done before I decided I liked a 1/4 inch smaller better). Score the 3" tall pieces at 1/2 inch and fan fold, score the 4" tall pieces at one inch and fan fold. Wire it all together (this link has instructions) and you are done!


The Heartstrings paper is perfect for Valentine's Day. I stamped the pieces with black ink and the January stamp of the month, This Moment. (Remember, the stamp of the month is only available during January.) Sponge with black ink if you like.


I topped it all off with a pink glitter heart and a cupid from the Heartstrings assortment. This would be darling with a little arrow through it, but I procrastinated so I had to improvise last minute. Pretend the heart pin is an arrow.

This now sits in my entry way and I love it. It's darling paired with my mixed media project using the same papers and colors.

Happy Valentine's (a little early) and Happy Paper Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment