Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year's 2015!

Welcome to 2015!

So, how do you welcome the new year? Do you make resolutions? Do you reexamine your life? Do you just say thank you for surviving another year?

I gave up on resolutions several years ago. I'm a goal setter, don't get me wrong, I just don't like resolutions. I went through a couple of rough years where I didn't feel fully in control of my life and making resolutions just seemed like another hurdle to try to overcome. So instead, I adopted Ali Edwards' idea of coming up with one word to represent the new year, one word to capture what I wanted to accomplish or become in that new year. If you don't know about this, check it out on her blog.

My 2014 word was present, as in be present. It came about as a result of looking at my almost grown up kids and wondering where on earth the time had gone. So, was I more present? I wasn't 100%, but I did better. And, I think my efforts to be more present sparked my word for 2015, intentional. In stopping to enjoy the moment more, I also realized that I wanted more freedom to be spontaneous and present. And in order to do that, I needed to be more intentional about shaping my life and freeing up my time. I don't know where this word will take me this year. It's going to be a learning curve. But I want to see.

So, here's to 2015. Wishing all of you the very best in this New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment