Sunday, December 7, 2014

Tis the Season-Christmas Cards

Last year, I had a wonderful Christmas holiday but must admit, I was a bit of a "Bah, Humbug" when it came to Christmas cards. Don't get me wrong, I love Christmas cards! I have been sending them since my college days. But last year, I got a little more caught up in crafting and memory keeping and my Christmas cards fell by the wayside--I only got a handful sent out. 

So this year, I am repenting and I am back on track. I started my Christmas cards early. However, since I tend to get a little bored making many of the same card, I'm doing a few different ones this year. Which one will you get if you are on my list? Check back during the next couple of weeks to see them all. Here is the first.


I love the look of this stamp embossed. Whether you use white, as I did, or gold or silver, it's beautiful. 


This was actually a quick and simple card. Emboss the angel in white, stamp Hark the Herald Angels... in black (be careful to dab off the black ink that gets on the white embossed area so it won't smear), sponge around the angel in crystal blue ink and then layer it all on either black glitter paper, black shimmer trim (as I did which is a bit more time consuming) or even black cardstock and then layer that on top of crystal blue cardstock and the white card base. 


I love how it turned out. And I love having a card that reflects the true reason for the season as well.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment